Saturday 26 May 2018

Quick Mod: Thermal Hunter Lever Mag Release

Quick post on an improvement to my Thermal Hunter's mag release.

Previously my Thermal Hunter used a very questionable mag release design, relying on the mag release lever bending, and a hot glue bond staying intact. Naturally, neither of these worked out well, the hot glue bond broke and the lever fell straight out. This time around, I drill a hole through the lever and anchored a nail in position with epoxy putty. The mag release action is now far smoother, easier and more reliable than before.

Unfortunately this design still retains a major flaw, being that it is difficult to reach the mag release with your main hand. Had I thought this through properly, I would have kept the Retaliator mag release buttons on the handle block and linked those to the mag release. Nonetheless, I'm happy with how this lever release has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment