Monday 3 December 2018

Life/Blog Update

With the December HvZ likely being my last proper post, I thought it was a good time to give some updates on what's going on in my life, and the likely future (or lack thereof) for my blog.

Particularly throughout the past year, my interest in buying new Nerf things has been waning significantly. In the past, I was excited to acquire new products so I could try them out, even if I didn't really feel that I would end up keeping them. I've moved from buying the new shiny to only buying things I'll actually used - and I'm at the point where there is little more to buy. My Bulllpup RS MkII is a near perfect primary for me, and barring maintenance and any significant technological changes, will likely remain largely the same for the forseeable future. Likewise, my equipment is pretty much at the point where it feels second nature to me, and I have little desire to change anything else about it. As such, blog content has gone from trying out whatever I can get my hands on, to pretty much just covering the most recent event.

Another contributor is that I was completing my Final Year Project this year, and I'm sure a number of you will understand how much time that eats up. However, with all of that finally over, once all the paperwork and such is done, I will have finished my University course, and will be graduating at the end of this year. Assuming all goes well, I will then be moving interstate early next year for a graduate position. With a full time job and limited interest remaining in the hobby, I do not have the desire or passion to continue regularly posting on the blog, nor do I expect to have the time to maintain it. I will be keeping an eye out for local communities, and if I have the time, will make the effort to attend, but that will likely be my limit of participation in the hobby.

As of writing, Outback Nerf has received approximately 1,455,000 total views, and is approximately 7 years, 11 months old.
I will be (attempting to remain) active on my Warframe blog, as that is something I currently have more interest in, and is also much more convenient (and cheaper!) for me to maintain and create content for. I'll still be easily reachable by social media, since any notifications for the Outback Nerf page will appear on my personal account as well.

Thank you all very much for reading and watching my content. I've had a lot of fun producing it and being a part of this hobby and community. With any luck, I'll be seeing some of you (again) in the future.

May the force be with you!

5 comments:

  1. This is a truly sad occasion. I believe this is the end of the great nerf blog era. I do hope you post now and then, however. You are really one of the reasons I got into nerf.
    Farewell and may the force be with you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another of my very favorite blogs retiring...
    Thanks for all your hard work over the years, and best of luck in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to see you go mate, but I have to agree -not much has had my attention in the Nerf or other ranges, for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone else here 1 year later to see if he's posted?

    ReplyDelete