Some data on the audience of the blog. Glad to see Internet Exploder's usage decreasing.
To celebrate this milestone, I'm organising a giveaway. Just about everyone will be eligible to enter, and there's no skill required, just participation. Full details, T&Cs, etc can be found after the break.
***GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Entry to the giveaway is simple. Take a picture of yourself at a Nerf game (or borrow one from someone else) and send it in via email, along with the appropriate supporting information. It doesn't matter how big the game is or what game it is, so long as Nerf is a major component in it. It could just be a picture of you and a couple of friends, or it could be you in the mass of a huge HvZ game, so long as it's of you in/at a game. Once I've verified that the picture does show you in/at some kind of Nerf game, you will be entered into the appropriate category, and will have a chance to win the appropriate prize.
How to Enter:
- An entry must consist of the image, the name with which you would like to be publicly identified (whether your real name or your online username), your location (country is fine), and if you're Australian, which category you would like to enter. If you've borrowed the image from someone else, please include their name and/or username for credit, and please ensure that you have their permission.
- The image must depict you participating in or at least attending some kind of Nerf game. It is not particularly important what type of game, so long as foam blasters play a major part in it.
- As I intend to put these images into a public album, please ensure that it is an image you are happy with being published publicly.
- The email address you use will be used to contact you in the event you are a winner, or in the event of any issues, so please make sure you use an email that you check regularly.
- Upon receiving a valid entry I will reply that your entry has been recorded. If you are unsure if I have received your entry, leave a comment. It's possible that your entry was filtered as spam. It's also possible that I've gotten caught up with something else and haven't had the time to read or reply to it. Give me about 24 hours before becoming concerned.
- You can only be entered in one of the three categories. For Australian entrants, you have a choice of two categories to enter, so please specify which category you want to enter in your entry. If no category is specified, I will add you into the draw with less entries once the giveaway closes. For non-Australians, there is only one category.
- Please send your entry to email@example.com. Please title your email "Outback Nerf Giveaway Entry" for convenience and clarity.
- One entry per person.
- Giveaway entry begins as soon as this post goes live, and closes on the 15th of November, 2016, at 2300 AEST (do be aware to account for DST). I want to get all packages sent off before the Christmas rush.
- The winners will be decided randomly, using a random number generator of some sort. Winners will be contacted as soon the draw is made. If I record the winners draw on video, winners will be contacted as soon as the video is uploaded.
- There are 3 categories based on location: two Australian categories, and one Non-Australian category. Each category will have a different prize. Images of the prizes will be added in once I have them.
- The prize for the First Australian category is a Nerf Modulus ECS-10, with a full rewire, new microswitch, two Banshee 130 motors and an XT60 plug. This Modulus is ready to be used in combat, and has been tested in one MHvZ round. It must be run off a 2S LiPo (or equivalent other battery pack) for optimal performance.
- The prize for the Second Australian category is a new in box grey trigger Hammershot, and two MTB Rhinos or Honey Badgers (winner's choice of motor).
- The prize for the Non-Australians category is four MTB 130s or three MTB 180s of the winner's choice. Depending on when Wolverine Mk2s get in, I may be able to offer those.
- The image can be attached directly to the email, or be a link to that image uploaded somewhere else (e.g. Facebook, Imgur, Flickr). If I cannot view the image, I will notify you. Any entry without a viewable image will not be entered into the draw.
- The image ideally should be at most 6 months old from the beginning of the giveaway. I would like the images to be as recent as possible.
- Feel free to include multiple images, however multiple images will not grant you multiple entries.
- Any entry not adhering to this format will not get you entry to the giveaway. If your entry is almost valid but is missing something or has any errors, I will reply asking you to double check your information.
- Any image containing material that I consider to be inappropriate or irrelevant will immediately forfeit your entry, and will remove you from the draw. If the image is blatantly inappropriate or irrelevant, you will no longer be eligible to enter the draw, even if you later send in a valid entry. If the image is only slightly inappropriate or irrelevant, I will send a reply asking you to send a different or altered image that is appropriate and relevant. If you're unsure about a particular image, send it in anyway and I'll let you know.
- Winners will have 48 hours to reply after I have sent out the winners' email. If you do not reply within 48 hours, that category will be re-drawn and you forfeit your winnings from the draw.
- I will do my absolute best to ensure that the prizes arrive with the winners in top condition, however once they are out of my hands (and in the hands of postal services), I cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to the prizes en route.
- I will endeavour to have the prizes sent out as soon as possible after all details are confirmed, however please be patient as I do in fact have a life outside of Nerf.
- In the case of any Victorian winners, if you attend any Melbourne events, I will attempt to deliver it to you personally. If it is convenient, I may attempt to organise a meetup and a mutually agreed location.
- I will by default use the cheapest shipping method available through Auspost at no cost to the winners. At least domestically, this service has tracking, however no insurance. If you wish to use another service or if you wish to have insurance, please let me know as soon as possible. I may not be able to use other postal services, depending on where they receive packages to be sent. If you request a service that is more expensive than Auspost's cheapest, I may ask you to contribute to cover part of the shipping fee. This includes optional insurance should you request it. I will cover at minimum however much it costs using Auspost's cheapest.
- I reserve the right to cancel the giveaway at any time, without prior notice.
- I reserve the right to change the prizes at any time, without prior notice.
- I reserve the right to reject any entry at any time, without prior notice.
- I reserve the right to alter the end date and time of the giveaway at any time, without prior notice.
- By sending in a valid entry, you agree to all of the Terms and Conditions outlined above.
***GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***